[cryptography] Privacy Enforced [was: Comsec as Public Utility Beyond Illusory Privacy]

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:01:45 PDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Alexandre Anzala-Yamajako
<anzalaya at gmail.com> wrote:
> If OpenSSL has taught us one thing over the years it's that collaborative
> dev doesn't mean perfection and far from it.

you'll notice that my focus is on testing and breaking, not developing.

i agree in full that developers often make poor testers,
 and the developer mindset not like the attacker perspective.

> Also your first point sounds a lot like privacy is not a right you have but
> something that has to earned through technical expertise

it is a right.
 but how do you know you've got it unless you verify?
  (how to verify properly?  well, it takes a global village ;)