TURBINE

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Thu Mar 13 09:39:26 PDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:00:36AM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 08:39:40PM -0700, coderman wrote:
> > so they've been spending tens of millions every year to red team
> > privacy enhancing technologies.
> >
> > when do we get to see the results and improve our tools?
> >
> > ;)
> >

> > https://firstlook.org/theintercept/article/2014/03/12/nsa-plans-infect-millions-computers-malware/
>
> Above is a declaration of war. Here's a modest counterproposal.
>
> What do intelligence services fear most? Like cockroaches,
> they hate the light. Public scrutiny is their permethrin.
>
> So what we need is a hidden service (Tahoe LAFS as distributed
> storage backend run by many volunteers world-wide) where annotated
> collection of personal information can be crowdsourced. You can
> start collecting license plates and match them to addresses and
> photos.
>
> Let's doxx the spooks. All intelligence services, all countries.
> Make sure to vet data against malicious contamination. Publish
> them all, and let God sort them out.
>
> P.S. If you intend to do it, make sure you never talk about it in
> public. Just publish code anonymously, and invite collaborators
> after a closed beta. Make it easy to use, make it secure. Good luck.

uh-huh. I thank you for you valiant attempt at entrapment.

It's far more fun and confuses the crap out of paranoid people to have
no secrets, and no paranoia.

There are good people who work for these agencies that will discover
I have nothing to hide. And I'm counting on the dark-cockroach power
battles to strategically leak information harmful to their dark-roach
opponents, much like I'm sure some roach leaked information to Senator
Feinstein to try to build their own budget.

Or was it the Mossad, or German intelligence that decided to hang
the CIA in their own noose?