DPL is closing

Rich Jones rich at openwatch.net
Mon Mar 10 15:51:18 PDT 2014

Sad to see this go. Judging by some of the comments on /r/onions, I think
most of the community didn't quite get it, and saw your project as less of
a political tool and more like something akin to sports betting. Subtlety
is a dead art.

Now crowd funding is a main-stream thing, I think you have to look at other
successful crowd funded campaigns and platforms to see what works and what
doesn't. People are more likely to give to individual campaigns rather than
general causes, I think DPL may have been a bit too open-ended. I took a
stab at something similar but it never got very far off the ground, but
perhaps you'd want to talk about picking the pieces up? From my
side-project graveyard: https://github.com/Miserlou/HitStarter

Also.. does UnfriendlySolution
<http://lw4ipk5choakk5ze.onion/raw/5432/>count as a charity?