Inferring the NSA's MO from a short clip of Joel Brenner on BBC

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 20:01:46 PDT 2014

dan you're my favorite source of signal on this list.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM,  <dan at geer.org> wrote:
> If I may synthesize from the material you posted, in the digital
> world we are growing the attack surface faster than we can grow our
> defensive capacity.

o/~ ... your attack surface is a wonderland, ... o/~
 [to the tune of J. Mayer]

> I'm on the record in proposing to deliver a shock to the entire
> system of software vendors by using the Treasury of the United
> States to simply corner the world market in vulnerabilities and
> exploits and to concommitantly release them to the public -- the
> moral equivalent of administering an unproven chemotherapy for an
> otherwise terminal cancer.

good first step!

then provide blanket legal immunity to security activities.
then provide educational support for vulnerability discovery and remediation.
then provide material assistance in term of compute, storage,
bandwidth toward security efforts.

... why don't people like this idea?  i love it!

;)