a speech

Robert Hettinga hettinga at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 03:27:03 PST 2014

On Mar 5, 2014, at 10:06 PM, dan at geer.org wrote:

>  We Are All Intelligence Officers Now

Exactly. Somewhere, Ronald Coase is smiling. Firm size gets smaller with Moore’s law. Networks get more geodesic, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria, &cet.

Most importantly: We have to do our own security, because they *can’t*.

Said that to James Kalstrom once during questions from the floor at an MIT thing for one of Whit Diffie’s books.

Kinda said his job was obsolete. Also thanked Dr. Diffie for inventing my business. Glares from both of them, for some reason.

It’s actually on C-SPAN, or so an also shocked relative told me later. :-)

This was before 9/11, of course, before I became a raving “kill the bastards” nationalist. Discovered my inner Andy Jackson, I did. :-). Which I still am, even though gov.us is actually anti-american, now.

Now, not only can they *not* provide for our security, which is what we hired them to do, they *won’t*. In fact, they are literally *attacking* everyone.

They’re now back to being on the outside of the tent, pissing in again. Which sucks.

They’ve gone back to being “they”, even when though they were “us” for a while...

Cheers,
RAH