citizen privacy groups?

Blibbet blibbet@gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 19:19:34 PDT 2014

Hi,

We're trying to build a list of contacts to
(city,county,state,county)-based privacy groups, to see if a multi-city
coalition would be helpful. We have private contacts that we're hoping
to shortly have a mailing list setup, so they can communicate better.

Below is current list I'm aware of. There's many cities that I can't
find groups for; are things really that bad? :-(

If you have a contact at one of these groups, please contact me off-list!

Thanks!
Lee

----------

Seattle Privacy
https://www.seattleprivacy.org/

Oakland Privacy
http://oaklandwiki.org/Oakland_Privacy_Working_Group

Los Angeles:
Stop LAPD Spying Coalition
http://stoplapdspying.org/

Oregon:
https://twitter.com/OregonPrivacy

Austin, Texas: EFF Austin
http://effaustin.org/about/
http://twitter.com/EFFaustin
https://www.facebook.com/eff.austin

Texas: Texas Electronic Privacy Coalition
http://txepc.org/

Texas: Restore the Fourth ATX
https://twitter.com/Restore4thATX
http://restorethe4th.com/
https://www.facebook.com/RestoreThe4thAustin

New York:The Calyx Institute
https://calyxinstitute.org/

Germany:
list of local AK Vorrat (German Working Group on Data Retention)
groups
https://wiki.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de/Ortsgruppen

Cologne, Germany:
http://cologne.stopwatchingus.info/demo-12-april/en.html