Keybase.io

Eric Mill eric at konklone.com
Mon Jun 23 11:05:00 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Cathal Garvey <
cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me> wrote:

> I wouldn't say "true", I'd say "proto". In the end, you're still relying
> on a central point of trust, in this case Keybase, for a lot of the key
> distribution, but as a way to bootstrap a WoT that can outgrow Keybase I
> think it looks really promising. I'm not one to shirk hackish solutions
> in favour of purity, because purity has barely worked in decades of PGP
> WoT building.
>
> Speaking of Keybase, anyone got an invite? :)

I've been very impressed with how Keybase has evolved, and how well they
explain their model to users. It is without a doubt what I'd recommend to a
semi- or un-technical user to get them started.

They have a walkthrough of their approach to security and threat models
here:
https://keybase.io/docs/server_security

And they explain "tracking" in detail here: https://keybase.io/docs/tracking

--