Tor DNSBL

Seth list at sysfu.com
Wed Jun 18 00:53:13 PDT 2014

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:21:12 -0700, Scott Blaydes <scott at sbce.org> wrote:
> Started running a Tor relay node yesterday and found myself on the DAN
> TOR DNS Blacklist. Just wondered if anyone else running a node had any
> issues with email while running a relay node on the same server?

Yes, I've had a handful outbound emails bounce because of that stupid
blacklist. (I run a Tor relay and mail server from home on the same public
IP)

Guy running the blacklist won't even allow you view his dumb-ass blacklist
web page (https://www.dan.me.uk/dnsbl) from any Tor exit or *or non-exit
relay node* for that matter.

Which is just pure idiocy because it takes about 10 seconds to circumvent
the block for anybody with two braincells to rub together. (ever heard of
GOOGLE CACHE ya JACK-ASS?!!)

Just goes to show you the mindset of the person running the thing IMO.

As for inbound email to an IP running a Tor relay, I have had zero
problems that I am aware of. Just hit up mailgun or sendgrid for a free
personal relay account or grab a cheap VPS to relay all your outbound mail
through and you're golden.
--
Seth
Thank you for trimming your replies