Amazing NSA excuse

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 18:42:16 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 5:12 AM, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> these fucks are playing a dirty game... how best to curtail?

Technically?
Raise costs, decrease easily accessible signal... everyone encrypt,
p2p, and even obfuscate route, everything. You can't really expect
the masses to do this on their own, so much as you might hate it,
you're going to have to write addon gui's and docs and make it cool.

In business?
Stop collecting, mining and voluntarily sharing... as an abhorrance
against humanity. Rise from your own depravity. You can still make
an honest dollar without it. These days respecting privacy sells,
at least a little more than it did previously.

Politically?

I've been told that voting, letter writing, calling, visiting,
funding, running for office [1], and all manner of other civic and civil
participation works, across all areas public and private.

I've also been told that hard drives really disklike the presence
of sledgehammers in their midst, especially when brought in by angry
mobs wielding pitchforks.

I've no idea there, choose your own adventure.

[1] Cypherpunk is not incompatible with lawbook, taxbook, execbook.
It's total greenfield.