Search History Skeptic

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Mon Jun 30 11:35:33 PDT 2014

Dnia poniedziaƂek, 30 czerwca 2014 13:24:14 Troy Benjegerdes pisze:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 07:12:20PM +0200, rysiek wrote:
> > Dnia poniedziaƂek, 30 czerwca 2014 11:02:53 Troy Benjegerdes pisze:
> > > (yes, I am shamelessly copyrighting this shit for profit, just like all
> > > the so called 'news' outlets are)
> >
> > That means nobody can copy the description, but the idea is perfectly
> > copyable; what you would need is a patent.
>
> Dangit, now I have to find a patent lawyer who likes trolling.
>
> Copyright addendum: anyone with a .pl email address can do whatever the
> hell they like to the referenced message, including remove my copyright.
> But only if they have publicly posted to cypherpunks.
>
> Lawyers still might get sued.
>
> There, fixed the license for you.

Much obliged. :)

Now, that seems like something that would allow me to actually sublicense that
work to anybody. So, here goes!

Following message is based on a mail authored by Troy Benjegerdes, and is
hereby licensed under CC By 3.0 unported.

This is close to the tinfoil hat territory, but what if...

 - hack target's corporate email
 - hack target's social network
 - observe them (via webcams, etc)
 - generate psychological profile
 - plant search results https://www.google.com/search?q=hot+car+death+search
 - distract target with emails from the boss and social network posts
 - target leaves child in a hot car
 - target goes to jail. Much cleaner than drones or assassination.

But where's the 'profit' part? There's got to be profit here somewhere...

What, if any, defence is there to this kind of social-engineering attack?

Pozdr
rysiek