Fwd: is truecrypt dead?

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Mon Jun 2 02:32:17 PDT 2014

Well,

this happened:
https://www.grc.com/misc/truecrypt/truecrypt.htm

Steven Barnhart (@stevebarnhart) wrote to an eMail address he had used before
and received several replies from “David.” The following snippets were taken
from a twitter conversation which then took place between Steven Barnhart
(@stevebarnhart) and Matthew Green (@matthew_d_green):

    TrueCrypt Developer “David”: “We were happy with the audit, it didn't
spark anything. We worked hard on this for 10 years, nothing lasts forever.”

    Steven Barnhart (Paraphrasing): Developer “personally” feels that fork is
harmful: “The source is still available as a reference though.”

    Steven Barnhart: “I asked and it was clear from the reply that "he"
believes forking's harmful because only they are really familiar w/code.”

    Steven Barnhart: “Also said no government contact except one time
inquiring about a ‘support contract.’ ”

    TrueCrypt Developer “David” said: “Bitlocker is ‘good enough’ and Windows
was original ‘goal of the project.’ ”

    Quoting TrueCrypt Developer David: “There is no longer interest.”

Pozdr
rysiek