SSL Co-op

rysiek rysiek@hackerspace.pl
Wed Jun 25 13:21:04 PDT 2014

So,

this has been proposed:
http://www.hezmatt.org/~mpalmer/blog/2014/06/05/ssl-certificate-cooperative.html
http://www.hezmatt.org/~mpalmer/blog/2014/06/25/moving-forward-with-an-ssl-coop.html
http://www.sslcoop.org/

"The vision of the SSL Co-operative is to be a professionally-operated,
 member-controlled globally-trusted Certification Authority, serving the
 identity verification and management needs of its members.

 At present, this initiative is in the analysis and planning stage.
 Investigation is underway to determine the full set of costs involved, both
 financial and temporal.

 If you think a member-controlled CA that puts the interests of its members,
 and that of the Internet community, ahead of profits is a good idea, and
 might consider being a member if it gets off the ground, I would appreciate
 it if you would fill out a short survey letting me know a little bit about
 your organisation, to ensure that the co-op best serves your needs."

--
Pozdr
rysiek