Alleged "microkernel mathematically proven to be bug free"

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Mon Jul 28 09:05:47 PDT 2014

<3

I have a rough outline for a "cloud computing grid" that verifiably:

* Exists on many hardware nodes that can be run by untrusted third parties,
as the hardware is "tamper evident" and the "cloud computing grid" is self
healing and distributing.
* Can run programs in a way that geographic location is unknowable - Onion
routing, amongst other features, causes programs to seemingly run on every
node in the network
* Cannot inspect what runs on it - the microkernel programs cannot read
what the programs are doing, nor can programs contact one another unless
they are instances (that potentially run on another hardware node).
* Is fault tolerant, automatically scaling, etc.
* Can still be addressed from the Internet or other networks

You could run something like your Bitcoin wallet in it. It's really
geodistributed, automatically fault tolerant, etc. There's no way to tamper
with the programs running, except as specified before a cluster was created.

Right now you're always stuck with an insane amount of local law, hardware
issues (and features), fault tolerance, accessibility, etc.

With this you could run a program in a nigh-perfect vacuum. Your program
would be networked, but not in any specific place. Nobody can know what it
does, but it can compute and it can communicate as it wishes. Depending on
the grid (grids have to be manifactured in one go, checked by several third
parties, distributed, set and forget) there's some pricing scheme or
whatnot.

But it absolutely requires a verified microkernel. I'm *very *excited to
see that we're making progress towards it.

If you're a secure kernel developer, Onion routing expert, fantastic C
coder or technology investor, and this triggered your interests, please
contact me!