Cypherpunks for Office [Edu/corp giving personal information to NSA/whoever]

nicolasbourbaki at riseup.net nicolasbourbaki at riseup.net
Sat Jul 12 18:15:53 PDT 2014

The Pirate Party and Cypherpunks party are populous movements
attempting to play the game within the construct of behavior most
expected. The establishment of a party itself with intent for
longevity is entirely unnecessary for what needs to be done. Most
people here should understand that ignoring ones own brand by
removing it entirely from the picture gives greater focus to a
singular ideal. Don't mistake this rhetoric for revolution. It is
only that Democracy has plenty of room for trolling and no one has
really figured this out yet.

Unbeknownst to most people born within the past 20+ years they were
all born with dual citizenship. First to their analog nationality
and second to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Estate.
Yochai Benkler expands on this definition when describing Wikileaks
as part of the Networked Fourth Estate. That is, media institutions
not beholden to any particular nation. I would extend this further
to include people that took upon themselves an alternate understanding
of rights, social norms, governance and behaviors as experienced
through the network as an unwritten constitution. This is not just
hackers and cypherpunks but many internet users as a whole. It
includes *every* internet user that found any form of solace or
confidence through the liberated network. At this moment in time
you could be an American, European, South African or Brazilian and
all will collectively notice that this alternate constitution is
under attack, even if its existence is unknown.

The Pirate Party most certainly attempts to represent this 4th
estate. I applaud them. The reason they might fail to fix the
most significant problems we currently face is due to their
quest for longevity and a brand. We do not need 4 or 10 years
to fix these problems. We only need 100 days.