Tox.im

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Fri Jul 11 15:24:38 PDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-07-05 at 19:13 +0100, Cathal Garvey wrote:
> Anyone looked this over? I only just discovered it, but it seems nice:
> * P2P
> * Encrypted
> * Voice/Video/Chat/Files
> * GPL'd
>
> https://github.com/irungentoo/toxcore
>
> It's written mostly in C(++) with a dash of assembly, which worries me
> security wise..

Tried this out with a friend last night. I'm disappointed so far, even
given this is an alpha. Maybe I'm using the wrong client (Venom) but I
don't see any way to do video or voice chat. I'm keeping it to send
files encrypted as I'm not sure if Pidgin's OTR encrypts file transfers
as well (guessing not) as well as keep testing it to try and find bugs.