[liberationtech] data mine the snowden files [was: open the snowden files]

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 13:11:44 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Griffin Boyce <griffin at cryptolab.net> wrote:
> One approach is to take the existing public data, make some assumptions
> (educated guesses) and do additional research on top of that. It's what I'm
> doing right now. It's also what led to the original cointelpro revelations.
> Before the follow-up research, it was a meaningless acronym.
>
> Find, extrapolate, expand.

hi Griffin!

this is the type of effort i was hoping to see undertaken.

when you say "additional research", is this organic or structured?
tool assisted or old skewl?

i too have been building up some terms and technologies, but yet to
put it into any structured format with context, as part of my post is
to see how others are handling the vast complexity and extensive
compartmentalization embodied in the leaks to date.

i also would like to pursue this research anonymously, on hidden
services rather than public sites or email.

best regards,