You need to update your Flattr account

Odinn Cyberguerrilla odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Mon Jul 7 02:43:49 PDT 2014

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for the kind words and constructional thoughts.

sure, anytime

> I guess you are trying to say that there are some EU countries where KYC
> would not be needed?

More to the point, you shouldn't be efforting to comply with any such shit
law.  You should be migrating off your web-based platform and doing what
others are pursuing - decentralized systems. General Conceptual Examples ~
bitcoin/bitcoin, OpenBazaar, Mastercoin's decentralized exchange, recently
launched.

> If that is the case you could be correct I can't
> really say. Never the less is there no payment system that does not
> operate on a EU wide set of rules.

Well there is the USA.  And China.
But then you have TISA, are you going to comply with that too?

> If you have any other information
> please share it instead of just being rude. We would love to not need to
> do the KYC if it where possible. But we can not risk going to jail for it.
> It's enough that one of us is there already :(

Fail

> On bitcoins or crypto currency are that a niche market that is so small
> that moving over to something like that would topple Flattr over night.
> Proved by the minuscule usage when we supported it. Maybe they will be
> more widely adopted in 3-5 years and that we could do something with them
> then. If we still are around. And yes the people that created the bitcoin
> processor we used, BIPS probably where rather incompetent. Never the less
> did we get the stats we needed to decide it was not for us.

Fail