Tox.im

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Sun Jul 6 12:27:28 PDT 2014

> IPv6

To be honest, too centralized and too arbitrary.

It's odd to declare IP(v6) addresses bullocks that simply. It's in our
systems and in our thinking.

But really, universally unique addresses are just a dream. The only address
I think makes sense is derived off a public key. Any other address should
be network-topology-semantic, not assigned by committee. That way there's
real identity (private-publickey) and real address/location (place
dependent or similar address)

One of these months I will continue work on a paper reg. semantic
addressing and a true IP layer replacement. I feel bad having talked about
it for *years* now, but life and inexperience haven't really allowed me to
make a great paper out of it. One of these months.