BlackHat2014: Deanonymize Tor for $3000

Nathan Andrew Fain nathan at squimp.com
Fri Jul 4 05:15:34 PDT 2014

"Trawling for Tor Hidden Services: Detection, Measurement,
Deanonymization"
Alex Biryukov, Ivan Pustogarov, Ralf-Philipp Weinmann

http://www.ieee-security.org/TC/SP2013/papers/4977a080.pdf

the two seem very similar. in the case of the paper linked amazon
services were utilized. or perhaps someone can explain where the two
research groups differ?