Russia open procurement for report on deanonymization of Tor users

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Mon Jul 28 08:31:16 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 02:15:15PM +0000, Anton Nesterov wrote:
> It's tender by "Special equipment and communication of Ministry of
> Internal Affairs". Title fully says "Study the possibility of obtaining
> technical information about users (user equipment) on anonymous network
> Tor, codename TOR (navy)"
>
> ~$111500 (3 900 000 roubles)
>
> http://zakupki.gov.ru/epz/order/notice/zkk44/view/common-info.html?regNumber=0373100088714000008

According to my conspiracy theory, this is just
disinformation to calm down paranoid Tor lusers.

They well might be in bed with the american
comrades. If the above is false the price
appears too low for significant sploit.

According to a Snowden leak the NSA wrote
in presentation something along the lines:

"We can deanonymize some Tor lusers,
but we definitely don't won't to scare
_all of them_".