<nettime> A message from the police: IF YOU SUSPECT IT, REPORT IT

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Thu Jul 17 10:37:41 PDT 2014

We all work for government unless tax avoiders. Latest guesstimate
is 33-45% of pay goes to governments at all levels and those subsidized
by governments. Some argue we will all become full-time government
workers happily having DoD do what's necessary to bring in 100%
revenue by piracy.

Reason: citizen tax squeeze is rising as wealthy and corporations shed
tax burden by NGOs, off-shore evasion, moving HQs overseas, hiring,
manufacturing and financing overseas, massaging taxation laws, bribing
revenuers and office holders, increasing crackdown on citizen tax
deductions, hiring more private police to intimidate those asking for
better pay, offloading environmental crimes to taxpayers, buying
legislators to enact favors for high-profit, high-income beneficiaries,
controlling and ffixing elections to pack offices with sleazes who
work for them before, during and after holding office.

That's the short list. Look at your tax due instructions for the long
one. Or if youngster, your student debt draconian provisions.

Dream of being on the dole by holding political office, or NGO,
from which you can escape the long list and shift it to citizens
wondering if the increasing shit shower ever stopping.