{}coin: good enough for election politics?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Jan 24 01:02:39 PST 2014

J.A. Terranson <measl at mfn.org>
> Assuming all of your arguments to be correct (which I don't), I would want
> to remove "freedom of speech" for corporations because it artificially
> amplifies the voice of the corporate entity: the individuals who own the
> issued shares of the corporation already have these freedoms

They ought to have these freedom, but in practice they don't.  Hillary
Clinton does not have to obey the campaign finance laws, leftists do not
have to obey the campaign finance laws, but  Kirk Shelmerdine does have
to obey the campaign finance laws.

And because corporations do not, in practice, have these freedoms, their
employees and shareholders are denied these freedoms.