{}coin: good enough for election politics?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Jan 23 21:33:13 PST 2014

On 2014-01-24 09:30, Meredith L. Patterson wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 09:16:58AM +1000, James A. Donald wrote:
>> On 2014-01-24 02:56, Meredith L. Patterson wrote:
>>> Anil Dash fancies himself an authority, and fancies his position to be
>>> one from which enforcing his prejudices constitutes acceptable
>>> behaviour. The only authority he actually holds is money

>> You are factually wrong:  The authority Anil holds is government
>> money and government permissions.  He is on the revolving door
>> between regulators and regulated.

> Are you referring to the fact that whatever currency he holds is fiat
> currency, or to his role as (e.g.) director of Expert Labs, or
> something else? (I know little about the man's history, just glanced
> at his LinkedIn.)

Expert labs is a "Government 2.0 initiative that aims to connect United
States government projects with citizens who want to become more
involved in the political discussion".

In other words, he is a political commissar.  Expert labs is an NGO.
NGO is code for GO, for when NGOs advertise jobs, they generally
advertise those jobs as government employment.

NGOs are government organizations that do stuff that is too embarrassing
for the government to do, or which is illegal for the government to do.