{}coin: good enough for election politics?

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Thu Jan 23 16:42:10 PST 2014

Dnia czwartek, 23 stycznia 2014 17:56:16 Meredith L. Patterson pisze:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:55:58AM -0500, Ted Smith wrote:
> > On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 11:29 +1000, James A. Donald wrote:
> > > For example, Pax Dickinson was fired for crimethink
> >
> > Pax Dickinson was fired for being a rampant misogynist. I can see how
> > that would upset you, being also a rampant misogynist/racist asshole,
>
> So, I'm not James, nor do I have much of anything in common with him
> at all, but I'm far more creeped out by Anil Dash's self-righteous
> chortling over his own perception of holding Dickinson's career future
> hostage than I am at Dickinson's firing.
>
> "What is new in our time," Bertrand Russell once said, "is the
> increased power of the authorities to enforce their prejudices."

Thing is, today not only authorities have increased power to enforce their
prejudices. Multinationals have sometimes even bigger power and possibilities
as far as this is concerned -- just consider what Facebook can do in terms of
censorship. Or Google.

I'm not saying authorities and governments are not dangerous. I'm saying
multinationals are as dangerous and we need to do something about it.

--
Pozdr
rysiek