{}coin: good enough for election politics?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Jan 21 13:35:10 PST 2014

On 2014-01-21 21:45, rysiek wrote:
> Dnia poniedziaƂek, 20 stycznia 2014 05:10:58 J.A. Terranson pisze:
>> The problem I think you are looking to "solve" is *Corporate*
>> anonymity/pseudonymity.  Won't happen under todays paradigm: the *fix* is
>> to go back to separation of "natural persons" and "Corporate/chartered
>> persons".  The two types of personhood were never designed to be ewuals,
>> yet her we are. :-(
>
> Pretty much this. We need to dismantle the modern-day nobility:
> http://rys.io/en/77
>
> Corporations are "people" with their "free speech":
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._Federal_Election_Commission
>
> ...trying to have their "privacy":
> http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/01/us-att-privacy-idUSTRE7203UN20110301

Corporations are people.

If you grant lesser rights to corporations than to natural people, then
the state can, and will, make corporations fire anyone suspected of
thinking politically incorrect thoughts.

Turned on the news last night, they were interviewing some silicon
valley people, and the interviewer asked about how corporations viewed
this and that.  One of the interviewees replied "I am a corporation".
He complained that he was subject to secret orders by a secret court,
which lawless orders he could not tell anyone about, that he himself was
being spied upon, that as well as being required to turn over
information officially, his information was being stolen unofficially,
and that foreign customers had (correctly) come to distrust him.

A corporation is freedom of association, a group of people that agree
together to act as one.

In order to act as one, they delegate complete power over the collective
assets of the project to one of themselves, the CEO, who is, often one
of the major shareholders.  Thus a corporation is people, people
agreeing to associate, and corporation is a person, in that the people
agreeing to associate commonly nominate one of themselves to be that person.