Cypherpunks is NOT a safe place for fools

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 04:03:21 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 1:05 PM, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Why not, who else would remain here if not fools. Oh,
> you're kidding, is that you, Tim? How are your cats doing?
>
> Prison here too, is this not a panopticon?
>
> Former Agent Gordon is doing better things over at Intel
> planting malware and itty bitty byways.
>
> Same for those now gray-beared TLAs, all gone to contractor
> consultant nirvana.
>
> Whose afraid, there's no way out of the self cell.

nostalgia for the present and interested and interactive days of infiltration?
.
.
.
seems now you get nary a nod before the off,  c.f.:

"""
“I think if we had the chance, we would end it very quickly,” he said.
“Just casually walking on the streets of Moscow, coming back from
buying his groceries. Going back to his flat and he is casually poked
by a passerby. He thinks nothing of it at the time starts to feel a
little woozy and thinks it’s a parasite from the local water. He goes
home very innocently and next thing you know he dies in the shower.”

... the intelligence operators who spoke to BuzzFeed on the condition
of anonymity did not say they expected anyone to act on their desire
for revenge. But their mood is widespread, people who regularly work
with the intelligence community said.
"""
  via http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/americas-spies-want-edward-snowden-dead

for now their blood lust snuff fantasies unfulfilled by remote,
mechanistic, televised to a console near you "drone operations"
yielding none of the requisite hormonal pomp and chemical haze...
it's a hard life for the modern secret agent earthhuman