Welcome to the Asylum!

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sun Jan 19 16:54:03 PST 2014

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014, Cathal Garvey wrote:

> Does anybody happen to curate this list into a more signal>noise form? I
> filter the noisier trolls, but everyone else then takes the troll-bait
> and things continue to spiral downwards.

Rian Wahby is our "Curator".

> Who's actually here to discuss privacy and crypto?
>
> On 19/01/14 20:45, Anonymous Remailer (austria) wrote:
> > Hi All, I would add its NOT just a mailing list, it IS instead an
> > insane asylum and experiment in social darwinism where reputation
> > capitol has replaced wealth in the currency of the group.
> >
> > just my .02

In the past, the list almost destroyed itself over the question of whether
moderation equalls censorship, and a distributed list was created, where
each feed was shared, but the moderation of what came in was decided by
each node operator.  I personally dont care about th S/N ratio too much,
and as such, tend towards extremely light moderation of the silent
variety. Obviously, Riad believes in open skies.  As long as there is just
one node, we really need an anything goes, each person needs to
learn to control themselves approach.

Me and Riad will be trying to hack mailmain inot a CDR system soon (the
old one used the now long deprecated Majordomo scripting system).

All the best,

//Alif

--
Those who make peaceful change impossible,
make violent revolution inevitable.

An American Spring is coming:
   one way or another.