independently assisting oversight of highly classified programs

Douglas Lucas dal at riseup.net
Sun Jan 19 16:34:30 PST 2014

Indeed, Daniel Ellsberg planned to have Congresspeople speak about the
still-classified Pentagon Papers via this part of the Constitution.
Senator Mike Gravel did it. You can read about it in Sanford J. Ungar's
book The Papers & the Papers: an Account of the Legal and Political
Battle over the Pentagon Papers. If I'm not mistaken, Gravel has spoken
out in favor of Snowden.

Douglas