Feeding trolls

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sun Jan 19 11:48:45 PST 2014

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014, James A. Donald wrote:

> On 01/19/2014 10:22 AM, James A. Donald wrote:

> > > Characteristically male environments are characteristically male
> > > because of characteristically male

> On 2014-01-19 19:36, Mike Gogulski wrote:

> > privilege.
>
> If it was privilege, it would not have been necessary to kill Amelia Earhart
> and Kara Hultgreen in the effort to manufacture poster girls.

I [don't] hate to be the Bringer of Reality (tm) to you, but:

	- Amelia Earhart is a still un-caused crash. They only recently
found the island she crashed (and apparently lived on for some time prior
to dying on it), and work to raise the parts of her plane which have been
found and excavate the island itself have not yet, AFAIK,  begun (lack of
financing I believe).

	- Kara Hultgreen died because she was a crappy pilot who was rated
*despite* having 4 disqualifiers because she was the first and the
"service" needed the positive PR of having  First Female Combat Pilot (in
an ironic twist, she also gave them their much needed First Female Combat
Pilot Death In Action).  She fucked up her carrier landing by stalling an
engine (in a manner that EVRYONE had been warned about) on her failed
landing attempt, resulting in an unstable aircraft[1] that had a
previously known design flaw[2] becoming almost-but-not-quite-unflyable.
Then she finished herself off by trying to use her afterburner to do a
go-round.  Her #2 ejected them when he realized she was trying to kill
them, but his ejection and hers were not simultaneous: he got out still
pointing over the hosrizon - unfortunately, she was pointed at the water
when her ejection started .4sec after her #2, and she hit the water pretty
hard. Probably *not* an open Casket for "Revlon" ;-) Hultgreen should
*never* have been allowed to get a combat endorsement to her Crappy Pilots
Association Air-Worthiness License. She killed *herself*

//Alif

--
Those who make peaceful change impossible,
make violent revolution inevitable.

An American Spring is coming:
   one way or another.