Al-qaeda.net deprecated (was: Note to new-ish subscribers)

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sun Jan 19 11:35:33 PST 2014

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014, Riad S. Wahby wrote:

> @al-qaeda.net is deprecated. Apologies: I should have announced this
> on-list before I made the related configuration changes.

Since you have done so now, it shouldn't be an issue: thanks - that was
driving me *wild*!

> In case anyone suspects censorship, chilling effects, et cetera, the
> explanation is actually much more innocuous: I'm trying to cut down the
> amount of spam my poor little VPS has to handle, and as you might
> imagine the amount that goes to @al-qaeda.net is *staggering*.

Well....

We (you personally) and I (me personally) have slightly different
listrunner philosophies (I like reply-to to point to list, I like to see
[C-Punks] headers for sorting, etc.), why don't we re-setup the
distributed nodes?  I have actual hardware, and a 100mb coloed rack of
gear (read: lots of free cycles and bandwidth), so if you'd like, I can
run the @aq over there ?  Or I can set up a secondary @ of my own, doesn't
matter: either way, I'd like to distribute again - game?

> (More to the point, after running the list @al-qaeda.net for more than
> ten years, this small gesture isn't going to somehow erase the
> internet's long memory.)

Ah, yeah.... right.... Have fun with that!

//Alif

--
Those who make peaceful change impossible,
make violent revolution inevitable.

An American Spring is coming:
   one way or another.