[OT] Note to new-ish subscribers: you joined a mailing list, not a "group". (fwd)

Riad S. Wahby rsw at jfet.org
Sun Jan 19 10:15:07 PST 2014

"J.A. Terranson" <measl at mfn.org> wrote:
> experiencing some kind of random delivery issue

@al-qaeda.net is deprecated. Apologies: I should have announced this
on-list before I made the related configuration changes.

In case anyone suspects censorship, chilling effects, et cetera, the
explanation is actually much more innocuous: I'm trying to cut down the
amount of spam my poor little VPS has to handle, and as you might
imagine the amount that goes to @al-qaeda.net is *staggering*.

(More to the point, after running the list @al-qaeda.net for more than
ten years, this small gesture isn't going to somehow erase the
internet's long memory.)

-=rsw