Updates on the Death Prediction Lottery.

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sun Jan 19 09:12:09 PST 2014

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014, Jim Bell wrote:

>It is also very difficult to get a court to rule that something is legal
>before you get prosecuted or sued for doing it, which, given the
>complexity of our legal systems, seems like a fairly
> significant flaw. Test cases provide some protection in civil matters, but there isnÿÿt really a practical analogue in criminal matters.

Sorry to contradict you, but I recall cases (up to the level of the US
Supreme Court) allowing this.  How 'difficult' it is, I don't recall.
Problem is, I don't have access to the Lexis system that I used while
stuck in the Fed's "gated communities".  But at least at the Federal
level, such a mechanism exists.  I wish I could be more specific.   I'll
check  www.law.cornell.edu.                Jim Bell

You are looking for "Declaratory Judgments".

//Alif

--
Those who make peaceful change impossible,
make violent revolution inevitable.

An American Spring is coming:
   one way or another.