cypherpunks and hackers who dont code?

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sat Jan 18 14:16:58 PST 2014

Recently it was learned that code, crypto code at least, had become
superfluous. Nothing like that protects anything, and never did. It
has joined alchemy, phrenology, snake religion and astrology as
a pseudo-science for TED rituals and RSA suspicion-fest,
still beloved by the faithful, practiced by charlatans, funded
unstoppably by DoD research and to fill a vast repository of
"unbroken messages" out in Utah, a scholarly debunking topic of
historical recollections of aged cryptographers and classified
conferences at NSA and GCHQ to keep up appearances
of once unbeatable prowess. Fort Meade being converted
to a hospice for the greatest collection of mathematicians.

Decrypting computers are silently humming with nothing to
crack, blowing through Megawatts of power to protect the jobs
of hundreds of sysadmins and, yes, dumbfoundedly useless
coders surfing for android bestiality.

Quantum computing collapsed with a whisper, never fulfilling
its promise to render cryptography useless, beaten by a guy
named Snowden or something who revealed that the crypto
leader of the universe had arranged the end of trustworthy
crypto code by rigging holes and backdoors and tricks and
planting malware in every conceivable piece of machinery
everywhere all the time.

Now everything electromagnetic is romantic daydreaming
of what never was.

Remaining, for a while longer, is a 3x5 OTP and a pencil. For
sending coded love notes up your MTM ass. Like here.