"Blackphone" said to be "a super-secure nsa-proof"

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 13:44:01 PST 2014

"super-secure nsa-proof" phone...
  this shit is hilarious! will it ever get old? :P~

smartphones our Achilles heel: so convenient,
 so entirely privacy destroying and inherently vulnerable and insecure

(as of existing closed baseband systems, proprietary chipsets, poorly
keyed, weakly ciphered, horribly authenticated, geo location and side
channel leaking sieves we call handsets today that is...)

some have suggested the GTA04[0], which i do like, and also liked the
original GTA01 back in the day.  however, the ideal platform would be
wideband SDR on a coreboot mobile with virtualization support (e.g. mobile
Qubes OS with MIMO SDR radios and hardware protected key management)

one last comment on smart phones and mobile networks:
they do offer myriad and many methods to pollute the upstream; indications
are this delays rather than defends, but still interesting and enjoyable
none the less *grin*

0. OpenMoko GTA04 handsets  [avail since 2011]
   http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA04