anti-prosecution tactics. (Was Re:)

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Thu Jan 16 11:59:46 PST 2014

Dnia czwartek, 16 stycznia 2014 13:43:29 Troy Benjegerdes pisze:
> The criminals in power have privacy. The rich who can pay have privacy.
>
> Those below the median income have none.
>
> I am inherently suspicious of privacy and anonynmity advocates because they
> are at best not realizing the threat model, and at worst are working for
> the criminals in power.

So please tell us, oh enlightened one, what is the threat model?

Because I would say the exact same thing about those who badmouth privacy
advocates and privacy itself: obviously those in power have vested interests
in violating privacy, be it for monetary, or political gain.

They have vested interests in convincing the unwashed masses that either
"privacy is dead", "privacy is not needed" or "privacy is impossible". So that
they can more easily spy upon us all, and so that it gets that harder for
privacy-conscious people to maintain their privacy (as that is an ecology, if
you do not maintain your privacy, information about you might help somebody to
deduce information about me).

I would say that the vested interest is more clear in the above than in what
you stated. So please tell me, what do I not see, or (if I am "working for the
man"), where's the cash that I must've gotten for my services over the
years?..

--
Pozdr
rysiek