A90-217 the beginnings of the NSA-TAO in 1990s

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 16:20:01 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 1:54 PM, J.A. Terranson <measl at mfn.org> wrote:
> Afraid this was a late follow-on to the 1987 program out of Ft. Monmouth
> (via Battelle/DARPA at USAF request).  The RFP outlined above is nearly a
> word for word copy of the one I saw in 1987 (right around the time of the
> Morris Worm).  The company I worked for at the time actually bid on it...

it would be very interesting to combine the black budget disclosures
(as limited as they are) with the open data dumps for other
contracting, with the corporate financial reporting from the various
incorporated institutions implicated.  obviously privately held
interests will be harder to crack,...

this would provide a very interesting source of information for
further discovery along the timeline for which budget details are
visible.

given the RSA payout (as meager as it was, just for a little code
change ;) financial signals traced to these budgets could help
quantify the degree of complicity and duplicitous venality of various
technology vendors.  some affected are certainly more victims than
co-conspirators.

best regards,