serialization formats [formerly: Curve p25519 Replacements for GnuPG?...]

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Jan 13 12:53:04 PST 2014

On 2014-01-14 04:41, Thomas von Dein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the author of pcp. Just wanted to note, that I'm not using plain
> base85 but Z85 (http://rfc.zeromq.org/spec:32) instead. It's fast and
> small. The reason is to have compatibility with ZeroMQ in the future.

This specification does not address breaking the data into lines, nor a
line checksum, nor the handling of impermissible characters (such as
carriage return and line feed)

Nor the recognition of string boundaries.

Dangerously incomplete specification.

Needs to be contained within a larger specification for handling the string.