Twister: P2P microblogging platform

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Sun Jan 12 01:55:53 PST 2014

Dnia sobota, 11 stycznia 2014 12:24:59 Jesse Taylor pisze:
> I came across this the other day:
>
>     /" [...] "/
>
>     -- "twister - a P2P microblogging platform
>     <http://arxiv.org/pdf/1312.7152v1.pdf>", Miguel Freitas
>
> Personally, I'm impressed by the creative application of
> Bitcoin/Bitorrent/DHT protocols to the problem of private/anonymous
> communication ... and the software looks very clean and usable as well.
> I also like that it's based on P2P technology unlike solutions such as
> Diaspora, which still require trusting third parties with personal data ...

Yeah, I always said Diaspora, StatusNet/GNU Social et al are just a stepping
stone to get people out of walled gardens and then one day move to pure p2p
services.

> Thoughts?

One: please tell me it would be possible to have a compatibility layer between
this and Diaspora/Friendica/GNU Social, so that users don't have to choose
either-or.

--
Pozdr
rysiek