[p2p-hackers] The next gen P2P secure email solution

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 00:29:21 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:58 AM, James A. Donald <jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 12:34 AM, ianG <iang at iang.org> wrote:
>>
>> So sad.  I have a clue and don't trust Skype.  But I can't for the life of
>> me migrate my friends off of it.  It's as addictive as crack.  It's just
>> better than the alternatives.
>

> Anything that is as good as skype is going to allow contact tracing, that
> this person talks to that person.

No... we are specifically talking about developing decentralized solutions
here, so that that centralized lookup authority context and risk goes away.

Yes... a low latency non-fixed-length non-chaffed network will
still have some characteristic risks... timing, etc. Yet likely nowhere
near the order of the above centralized issues.

> But it does not have to allow mass interception (the original skype did not
> allow mass interception), and it does not have to allow undetectable
> interception, which the original skype did allow.

That is just designing good applied crypto in the former, which nullifies
the latter.