hacker != cracker (Re: Swartz, Weev & radical libertarian lexicon)

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Thu Jan 9 04:18:32 PST 2014

Dnia czwartek, 9 stycznia 2014 12:03:57 Adam Back pisze:
> How about a disclosure post-mortem, cant be sued, jailed or assets frozen
> then.  Its maybe an interesting thought if there are some quite old or
> life-threated medical problems people who coincidentally are subject to gags
> or self-imposed silence for personal safety for things they strongly feel
> should be in the public knowledge..

How can you ensure that:
1. the message/material will in fact get published?
2. the messenger (the person actually publishing the data) is not "shot"
   (jailed, etc.)
3. your family will not feel repercussions?

You could try ensuring 1. and 2. with a digital dead man's switch; the
problem, of course, lies with ensuring that such a scheme would in fact work,
and that it would not kick in before you are really dead (as opposed to "gone
off the grid for 6 months").

The 3rd point is the really tricky one, I guess -- if, of course, you have a
family.

--
Pozdr
rysiek