A short sad history of Lance Detweiler our first NET.LOON Re: Brag About Exploits, Go to Jail

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jan 8 17:44:29 PST 2014

On 1/8/14, 5:10 PM, coderman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:22 AM, gwen hastings <gwen at cypherpunks.to> wrote:
>> This kind treatment of the truth was drove our first list foil Detweiler
>> stark raving bonkers and sent him raving on the list about tentacles of
>> MEDUSA especially after list participants picked up and started remailer
>> bombing him with a procmail script that someone thoughtfully published
>> to the list that would email him several (n+1)slightly different copies
>> of his own posted mail each time he posted.
>>
>> Detweilers final demise from his position as one of the privileged
>> Sysadmins at the University when he carelessly replied to a type one
>> remailer block that contained his direct supervisors spouse's(wife)
>> email address among others(the chancellors of the university  email
>> addresses were included in that block.) thinking that he was instead
>> replying to one of his sockpuppet harassers(I believe it was tentacle
>> #69 who copped to this).
>>
>> Badda bing Badda boom,, all 83 email addresses he had been abusing from
>> the university  position where he was employed were gone in 1 hour
>> etc...as was his job and privileged position from where he abused the
>> rest of the list.
>
> the best kinds of drama!
>
> ... when does cypherpunks the movie come out??

Ah Detweiler...  I mention him to Internet newbies (anyone online after
1994) once in a while to blank stares.  What an implosion. But I missed
the episode below, so thanks for that!

We really need an FAQ on varieties of madness:

Detweiler
Tea Party Saturate
GOPping mad
Faux News Skewed Reality
Tin Foiler
Crystal Crank
Drug Addled Nonsensical
NSA Paranoid (wait, that's just reality now)
Zion refugee
Microsoftie

(Apologies for the cross-post.)

sdw