Private Distributed Hash Tables

Rich Jones rich at openwatch.net
Wed Jan 8 13:46:15 PST 2014

I suppose RetroShare and GNUnet are similar in that they have 'Friend to
Friend' capabilities, but as we see in practice, they don't create
high-quality networks because there is no hierarchy of trust or
discoverability of new users - by default, users can't interact with
'friends-of-friends', which means that what should be "Private P2P"
networks degrade to "Group P2P" networks of only a few people. This
proposed system should be able to accommodate thousands of users while
still providing the aforementioned benefits.