Swartz, Weev & radical libertarian lexicon (Re: Jacob Appelbaum in Germany - Aaron Swartz)

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Wed Jan 8 06:00:35 PST 2014

>>> Cypherpunks write code & all that, gives James some brownie points.

The NSA wrote some great code. SELinux, hardened DES against DC (yes,
yes, low keystrength). Helped standardise lots of primitives that seem
to work well, too.

I guess they're upstanding, awesome folk, those NSA guys. Nothing to
complain about, cut 'em some slack. What's some fascism, racism and
naked suicide-trolling when you've written good code ages ago, eh?

A dick is still a dick, past accomplishments notwithstanding, and "don't
feed the trolls" is still the first law of the 'net. Moving on.