Swartz, Weev & radical libertarian lexicon (Re: Jacob Appelbaum in Germany - Aaron Swartz)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Jan 8 00:33:38 PST 2014

On 2014-01-08 17:35, Juan Garofalo wrote:
> 	"Meanwhile, on October 14, we asked MIT if they could identify the person
> responsible because we wanted to understand the downloader's motivation, to
> ensure the articles already downloaded would not be distributed,"

MIT, however. made no real effort to identify the person responsible
until he brought their network to a grinding halt.

Aaron Swartz was arrested for pissing off the sysadmins, and he pissed
off the sysadmins by busting their wiring in their wiring closet.

The cause of his arrest, and the charges against him, were damaging
interference with other people's physical property.