hacker != cracker (Re: Swartz, Weev & radical libertarian lexicon)

demonfighter6 . demonfighter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 13:30:35 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Adam Back <adam at cypherspace.org> wrote:

> Seems like the original hackers lost that etymology battle however long
ago.

Yes, annoying though that may be to those of us who were called hackers
before that became a bad thing. But we're outnumbered thousands-to-one, and
we're just not going to win that language war.

... Unless the technically adept were to bring the systems crashing down
and let the technically inept freeze and starve to death.

... But that would be a Naughty Thing, and not something I'd ever condone.
And just ignore the sig I've been using for over a decade.

--
Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet. -- Arnaud-Amaury, 1209