Replacing corporate search engines with anonymous/decentralized search

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Sun Jan 5 14:12:28 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 08:22:51PM +0100, rysiek wrote:
> Humm, I think I have already came across omnom some time ago. Well, I'll have
> to look into it. A short question: what would you say are the most important
> advantages of omnom over Mozilla Sync?

i don't know mozilla sync. one huge advantage of omnom is, that it snapshots
the pages you bookmark as they are rendered in your firefox. i guess, that
could also be useful for searching bookmarked pages... also there are hooks in
the code that connect multiple omnom instances and other services for the
federation of tags, but that is quite dead code.

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF