Replacing corporate search engines with anonymous/decentralized search

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Sun Jan 5 10:52:12 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 07:39:40PM +0100, rysiek wrote:
> So here's the idea: sharing bookmark tags and links with each other, via some
> extention for example, and making "The Awesome Bar" (damn, I hate that name)
> sift through bookmarks/tags of people in your "network" (what that means would
> have to be defined, but as Mozilla Sync can already store bookmarks, the data
> can already be on a server, just use it).

omnom[1] should be able to serve as the server-side, you still need to develop
some kind of client-side extension though.

[1] omnom
https://gitorious.org/tagr/omnom/source/419b512734021b71c01500514b5ae87d0b7f3ab7:features.txt

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF