Fwd: Fw: Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to screw you

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Sun Jan 5 10:48:43 PST 2014

Dnia czwartek, 2 stycznia 2014 17:55:20 brian carroll pisze:
> (...)
> Lastly, our government a few years back came up with an idea to fit
> "black box" recorders in *all* cars but the public backlash was so
> huge they shelved the idea. Instead, the insurance industry has
> adopted the technology, so new drivers and those with a poor accident
> record can opt to have one of these boxes fitted in return for a
> discount on their insurance. It is now becoming a norm for young
> people to take this option; when I ask them why they are prepared to
> violate their own privacy they just shrug, but I guess privacy means
> something different to the Facebook generation.

Ah, yes, the "Facebook generation" and "privacy is dead" bullshit.

It's not dead, kids haven't yet been burnt by lack of it and neither have
their parents, which means there was nobody to tell the kids to watch out
(like they are being told to look around while crossing a road):
http://rys.io/en/67

> Conversely, it is now becoming *more* expensive to insure a car if you
> do not have a black box; they have tried norming this by penalising
> the law abiding (but privacy conscious).

This is how it goes...

--
Pozdr
rysiek