Jacob Appelbaum in Germany

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Jan 3 03:34:43 PST 2014

On 2014-01-03 11:53, Ulex Europae wrote:
> You seem to be laboring under a pernicious misapprehension: that there
> is a legitimate mandate to obey laws that are unconstitutional and/or
> unjust. There is a mandate, but it is just as illegitimate as the
> unconstitutional or the unjust law.

If someone was to hide a laptop in one of my cupboards, to steal such
large amounts of information from my home network as to disrupt its
functioning, I would take a sledgehammer to his laptop, and when he
showed up to collect his laptop, a sledgehammer to him.

Swartz committed a crime against people more powerful than he was,
incorrectly thinking he was more powerful than they.