Jim Bell comes to Cypherpunks?

Jim Bell jamesdbell8 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 1 19:13:50 PST 2014

On my Facebook page (which I rarely access; less than once every 2 weeks) I have zero friends, by my policy.  I first heard about 'friending' on FB nearly 10 years ago.  I felt then, and I continue to feel, that this is far too 'binary' for me:  If I started classifying people as 'friends', I'd have to decide where to draw the line.   And that, I didn't want to do.  Therefore, any requests to 'friend' me, I do not activate, and I explain to the people involved why I won't.  Everybody seems to understand, and I've been told many people have a similar opinion of that.

          Jim Bell